DRIVEN TO MOVE PEOPLE
Linscott, Law & Greenspan, Engineers (LLG) provides transportation planning, traffic engineering and parking consultation services. Since our founding in 1966, projects have been completed involving a wide variety of assignments throughout the United States and overseas, with the core of our practice in Southern California. LLG maintains offices in Pasadena, Irvine and San Diego.
LLG is a well-respected firm of approximately 60 employees, comprised of dedicated professionals who serve our clients on a wide variety of traffic and transportation issues. LLG Principals and Senior Staff are recognized experts in these practice areas and possess professional registration in Traffic Engineering, Civil Engineering or both. Our diverse experience and expertise enable us to provide services to both public agencies and the private sector.
LLG is also a certified Small Business Enterprise (SBE) and a VERIFIED™ D&B Credibility Corp Business.
We provide insightful, accurate, and innovative transportation planning and engineering solutions that emphasize the importance of safe, equitable, and efficient mobility for the traveling public. Our success comes from representing the public’s best interest and challenging ourselves to grow personally and professionally in a collegial environment.
Chief Financial Officer
LG2WB Engineers, Inc.
LG2WB Engineers, Inc.
Phil Linscott, Bill Law, and Jack Greenspan
Linscott Associates was founded by Phil Linscott in 1966, with the help of his wife Betsey, to focus on traffic and parking issues. We were one of the first independent firms in Southern California (that is, not a local office of a national firm) and remain independent to this day. Jack Greenspan joined the firm later that year, and Bill Law did so in the early 1970s. By then, we were three (namesakes, that is) and the company name was broadened to Linscott, Law & Greenspan, Engineers, a California Corporation, in 1976. Or for short, simply…LLG.
In 1984, Phil retired, and we continued as Linscott, Law & Greenspan, Engineers, but changed our incorporated name to LG2WB Engineers, Inc. to reflect the initials of the remaining and emerging company leadership at the time. This was significant in that the company leaders were grown largely from within, a practice that continues to this day. Bill subsequently retired in the early 1990s as did Jack in 2005. As they did, others emerged to lead the firm, our staff grew to more than fifty, and our offices continued to expand in Pasadena, Irvine and San Diego, while working on a variety of challenging assignments from an enviable client list.
Having achieved our 50th birthday on November 1, 2016, and while looking forward and beyond, we remain an independent firm, led by a Management Committee committed to the core values and integrity of our founders. The men and women of LLG have worked diligently to establish and maintain a reputation for providing quality services that are insightful, accurate, timely and in the traveling public’s best interest. In consultation with the public agencies, owners, developers and other design professionals, we remain committed to the fundamental values of our history while providing exemplary service to our clients.
William (Bill) A. Law
May 3rd, 1921 – August 21st, 2018
It is with great sadness to inform you that Bill Law passed away on the morning of August 21, 2018. Bill’s daughter, Kathy Steimer, let us know he passed away peacefully and was with family. Our sympathy, thoughts and prayers are with the entire Law family.
On November 13th, 2016 the LLG family proudly celebrated our 50th anniversary. The event was held aboard the Hornblower Endless Dreams in Newport Harbor, and featured three of our founders; Betsey Linscott (wife of Phil Linscott), Bill Law and Jack Greenspan. It is rare for a company to maintain its original private ownership for five decades, and rarer still for the founders to be able to see how their legacy had developed. This was the first time that Betsey, Bill and Jack have all been together as a group in nearly 30 years, and it afforded our current leadership and staff the pleasure and honor of meeting them to celebrate this incredible milestone as a group. The cruise provided a picturesque venue for socializing, dining, and viewing an extensive slide show featuring photos of company events and staff members old and new. There were plenty of warm memories and laughs to be had of yesteryear fashions (thank you, 1970’s), and we were blessed with perfect weather for a perfect party. Enjoy the celebration photos!
Retires from LLG
Clare Look-Jaeger, P.E., retired from LLG in March 2022, after a 34-year career with LLG. Her leadership, welcoming attitude, and selflessness are only some of the reasons she is loved. With this, she has been an inspiration for all her colleagues, especially in the Pasadena office.
John P. Keating
Retires from LLG after 40 Years
John Keating retired from LLG in June 2021, after a 40-year career, all with LLG. After graduating from UW-Madison in 1981, he packed his compact car with all his possessions and drove west to LLG’s Pasadena office. He learned a lot from Bill Law and Lee Ward. In addition to his LLG responsibilities, John successfully managed Car Counter Company, a subsidiary of LLG. The newly opened San Diego office was struggling and in late 1985 John was asked if he would be interested in relocating to San Diego to manage it.
After a distinguished 42-year career with Linscott, Law & Greenspan, Engineers (LLG), Paul Wilkinson recently announced that he is retiring, as of February 16, 2018. He joined LLG in 1976, having worked one year at the County of Los Angeles Road Department. Showing good promise, the following year Jack Greenspan asked him to relocate to Orange County to open an office there to better serve a growing client list in that market. That office grew to become our Corporate Headquarters. As the original “L”,” L”, and the “G” reached their own retirements, Paul represented the second generation of leadership. He was named President in 1991 and served in that capacity for 17 years. When he passed on the reins, he then became Chairman of the Board & CEO, positions he held for the last 10 years.
BENEFITS AND PERKS
LLG offers a superior compensation package that includes base salary, productivity bonuses and a quarterly bonus plan and a benefits package that provides employer-paid medical, dental and vision insurance for employees and qualified dependents. Life insurance (at twice annual salary), long-term disability insurance, flexible spending plan or health savings account and 401(k) plan that includes a profit sharing component are sponsored by the Company for all full-time employees. We are a respected, stable firm with an almost 50-year history offering tremendous growth potential to qualified candidates.
LLG offers a comprehensive package of Benefits & Perks for all full-time employees:
- Retirement Plan / 401k Plan
- Quarterly Performance-Based Compensation
- Annual Performance-Based Compensation
- Life Insurance (equal to two times annual salary)
- Medical Plans
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Optional Alternative Work Schedule (1/2 day Fridays)
- Paid Vacation
- Holiday, Sick & Bereavement Leave
- Flexible Spending & Health Savings Account
- Company-Paid Continuing Education (work-related education)
- Professional Societies Memberships
- Community Service Program
- Mentoring Program
- Company-Sponsored Holiday Party & Picnic
- Company-Sponsored Monthly Anniversary / Birthday Celebrations
- Team Leaders Program
- Special Recognition Christopher H. Nguyen Memorial Award
- In-office professional development sessions
- Corporate Wellness Program – Sonic Boom
Starting a new career – or continuing your career with a new firm – can be both exciting and challenging; new people, new projects and new opportunities create a dynamic transition. LLG is committed to our employees’ success. When you join the LLG team, you will be paired with a seasoned staff member to help ease the transition into our organization. The mentoring program is part of a larger, formal training and development program that encourages on-site and off-site learning and teaching as a part of our commitment to provide a challenging and rewarding career experience.
Team Leader Program
LLG’s Team Leaders Program empowers and develops our emerging and future generation of leadership. The Team Leaders serve as a direct liaison to the Company’s Management Committee and provide insightful and valuable feedback on current and future company operations, business practices and policies, and marketing efforts. The Team meets regularly and through these efforts has created an enhanced version of the firm’s Company Values, as well as invaluable management tool technical material resource documents that have been distributed company-wide. Team Leaders are paired with a Principal who acts as a mentor in their emerging leadership roles.
You spend one-third of your average day at work…
What do you want that experience to be?
LLG strives to provide a workplace environment that allows employees to achieve success through respect, personal and professional growth. At LLG, you’ll find yourself among like-minded people – achievers who strive to continually enhance their knowledge and skillset in a professional, supportive environment.
LLG values not only education, experience and talent – but work ethic, fairness, helpfulness and a positive attitude. We have a successful track record of building positive team environments where we succeed in serving our clients, and each other.
If you are looking for a positive change in your career, or are a talented and enthusiastic graduate looking to start one, LLG might be a great fit.
The Company currently has the following positions open and is accepting resumes within our offices:
Travel Demand Modeling Analyst
Linscott, Law & Greenspan Engineers (LLG) is seeking a full-time Travel Demand Modeling Analyst to work out of our Irvine, CA, office while supporting Irvine, Pasadena and San Diego offices. The position will report to a Senior Transportation Engineer in the Irvine, CA, office.
The primary responsibilities are to provide technical support to a variety of projects ranging from travel demand model development and application (four-step, active transportation model and activity-based models), Vehicle Miles Traveled (VMT) and California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) analyses, develop and maintain travel forecast models, survey design and evaluation, data visualization, transit and highway corridor assessments, location-based analytics, assessment of transit and shared mobility systems, transportation market research, Connected and Autonomous Vehicles (C/AV) planning and modeling analyses and network development assignments. The Analyst may also be asked to contribute to business development and project management activities.
- Experience with travel demand software packages, such as TRANSCAD/ Cube Voyager /VISUM.
- BS or higher in transportation planning, engineering, or related discipline.
- 3+ years of professional experience in travel demand modeling, modeling-related planning applications, and travel demand model development.
- Strong quantitative and interpretive abilities.
- Working knowledge of ArcGIS.
- Working knowledge of statistical analysis, especially as it relates to travel demand model development.
- Working knowledge of computer programming languages (GISDK, R, Python, Java, C#, C++, VB, or FORTRAN).
- Develop and maintain travel forecast models, including travel model software development, maintenance, improvement, and debugging.
- Support travel model applications in long-range regional plans, transit system implementation and analysis, corridor studies, air quality conformity analysis, and major highway and transit investment studies.
- Knowledge of SB 743, VMT, CEQA analyses.
- Proficient in MS Word and MS Excel.
To be considered for this opportunity, please email Marlena Catalusci (Irvine Office) at firstname.lastname@example.org with a cover letter and resume.
Linscott, Law & Greenspan Engineers (LLG) is currently seeking a Transportation Engineer to join our office in Irvine, California.
Please email your resume to Marlena Catalusci, HR, at email@example.com
- The qualified candidate should have 1 to 5 years of transportation engineering experience.
- You will provide support in traffic forecasting, service level calculations, impact evaluation, and computerized traffic signal evaluations.
- Local Orange, Riverside, and/or San Bernardino County experience is desirable.
- Experience analyzing data science, road safety, active transportation, and modeling is desirable.
- The candidate should possess excellent verbal and written communication skills with the capacity and desire to learn more.
- BS or higher in transportation planning, engineering, or related discipline.
- Proficient in MS Word and MS Excel.
- Proficient with Vistro and/or Synchro software for level of service (LOS) calculations.
- A valid California Driver’s License is required.
- Vacation accrues each month and increases based on your years of employment with the Company.
- We observe 10 paid legal holidays per year.
- LLG offers a wide range of benefits including, medical, dental, vision, life insurance, LTD, STD, retirement planning and a matching 401k plan.
Mid-Level / Senior Traffic Engineer or Transportation Planner
The San Diego office of Linscott, Law & Greenspan, Engineers (LLG) is seeking a part-time or full-time Mid to Senior Level traffic engineer or transportation planner.
- 2 to 8 eight years’ experience in Traffic Engineering and Transportation Planning
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal and the ability to work and thrive in a collaborative environment.
- Experience using traffic analysis software packages such as Synchro, VISTRO, SIDRA
- Consulting experience is preferred
- GIS and/or AutoCAD skills is a plus
- Engineer-in-Training (EIT) certification and Professional Engineer registration is a plus
- Knowledge of SB 743, VMT, CEQA analyses is preferred
- Closely work with office Principals and team members in preparing and/or managing traffic studies, parking studies, Vehicle Miles Traveled (VMT), Active Transportation such as pedestrian and bicycle studies, conceptual design and other mobility studies.
To be considered for this opportunity, please email Mr. John Boarman at firstname.lastname@example.org with a cover letter and resume.
Christopher H. Nguyen Memorial Award
Christopher H. Nguyen exemplified the core values of Linscott, Law & Greenspan Engineers (LLG). He personified leadership, enthusiasm, assertiveness, diligence and intelligence during his tenure at LLG. The Christopher H. Nguyen Memorial Award was established in 2006 and is named in his memory. Recipients are recognized for their outstanding constributions to the firm. The following recipients have been recognized.
Daniel A Kloos, P.E. (2006)
Donald L. Rodriquez (2007)
Christopher J. Mendiara (2008)
Shankar Ramakrishnan, P.E. (2009)
Zawwar Saiyed, P.E. (2010)
K.C. Yellapu, P.E. (2011)
Alfred C. Ying, P.E., PTP (2012)
Tamra M. Napolitano (2013)
Yu Chu, P.E. (2014)
Francesca S. Bravo (2015)
Shane S. Green (2016)
Susan Grace Turney (2017)
Kim H. Preap (2018)
Hung Q. Luong (2019)
Corinna Gutierrez, P.E. (2020)
David V. Spinler (2021)